Thursday, March 29, 2012

Frumpy to Fab

So my parents are building a new house and in the process they've been De-cluttering the house and going through all the unwanted Junk. We  had this cute little lamp and debated sending it off to the DI, but i decided it was perfect for a redo. I've seen the coffee filter lamp shade idea and wanted to do one so bad! I love all things furry and feminine and this one was perfect for me. 

Photobucket

I switched out the lamp shade for a more circular shape that i got at the DI for $1. I wasn't sure if the flowers would show through so just to be safe i used a plain shade... but I'm sure you could use a pattern as well. I initially got one pack of 100 coffee filters {4cup size} and just barely ran out at the end and had to go buy another bag to finish. The Lamp color is Catalina Mist from hobby Lobby and I primed the dark brown with a white primer.

Photobucket

The trick to speeding up the actual gluing process is using a wide tip marker for your base. You gather the filter around the marker as shown above and hot glue the base of the filter. Then use the marker to press the filter to the shade and hold until secure. I used a basic size shade, but after your done the shade expands by 2-3 inches {FYI}



I'm in love with it.

Happy Thursday! Almost the Weekend!!!
Hoorayy

2 comments: