Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lets Talk Makeup

This weekend i was determined to go makeup shopping. I've been unhappy with my foundation and color for a few months now. Before I got married i was using bare minerals powder foundation {in golden tan}. I've always been afraid of liquid foundation and the bare mineral powder provided great coverage. Just after we got married i had ran out and needed a refill but instead of spending the $25, i was convinced i could find something in the drug store that would give me the same coverage at a cheaper price. I tried powder after powder.. averaging $14 a bottle {Lasting only 2-3 months}. Some were better than others but Even with the Color Matching Swatches i could never match my skin perfectly. I looked washed out in pictures, was touching up halfway through the day, and loading on the bronzer to get some color in the winter months of "white". So... Mom, Sara and I took a trip to M.A.C. For the holiday off School. Before we knew it we had been there for HOURS and racked up quite the bill. BUT... I think its info worth sharing.

I wish I had taken Before and After Pictures of my foundation but i didn't. So you'll just have to take my word for it. Maybe i will do pics later. 

 {From Top Left, to Bottom Right}
*Disclaimer: I am not a MAC consultant and/or making $ promoting MAC Products. Promise.*

187 Duo Fibre Brush, Bronzing Powder {Golden}, Brow Pencil {Lingering}, Studio Sculpt Foundation {NW20}, Eye Shadow {Handwritten}, Fuchsia Tinted Lip Conditioner, Lip Liner {Magenta}, Powder Blush {Margin}, Lipstick {Plumful & RubyWoo}, Eye Shadows {Soft Brown, Wedge, & Woodwinked}

Duo Fibre Brush- So soft, Can be used to apply Foundation, Moisturizers, and powders. Makeup goes on Smooth and flawless. This Mac Brush should last years and years as long as you clean it regularly. 
Brow Pencil- I was previously using a store bought brown pencil to fill in my brows. It didn't match great and made my brows an unnatural color. MAC Lingering is lighter than my natural color and lightly fills in my brows looking completely natural and full. 
Studio Sculpt Foundation-  Matches my Skin tone, Leaves my skin Moisturized, Doesn't Sink Into my pores and looks bright and flawless. It also stays on All Day Long and I'm hoping this will last me 6 months rather than 3.
Eye Shadows- Wedge, Woodwinked and Handwritten are my favorite everyday Eye Shadows. They are natural looking and can be toned down during the day and played up at night. 
Margin Blush- I have always been scared of blush. Really scared. This Coral tone adds just enough color and gives a glow that is beautiful and helps bring out my cheek bones. 
Lip Stick + Liner- I know the Magenta Lip liner sounds crazy but added with the plumful color is surprisingly mild & Beautiful. I tend to be drawn to bright colors but this darker tone is so pretty together. Ruby Woo is bright Matte Red and i just love it!
Tinted Conditioner- This is perfect for the chap stick lovers that just can't quite handle lipstick yet. It goes on like chap stick and has a subtle pink tint that gives a really pretty color.

Other Makeup Favorites:




Cover girl Concealer
Mary Kay Time wise Moisturizer {Before Bed & Before Makeup}
Full N Soft Mascara
Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti {Color + Butter Feel}
Face Primer {Sephora}
Long Story short, There is a few items that are just plain worth the money. Foundation is one of them. There is so many different brands and variations in skincare and makeup but good skin = good skin care. I wash my face Morning and night and make sure it is always moisturized. I am far from pro when it comes to this topic but i always can tell a big difference in my skin when i take care of it. I also notice a difference in how my skin reacts to certain makeup and i find myself breaking out when i don't use good product.

Makeup on my Wish List:
Nars Heatwave
Benefit High Beam
Nars The Multiple
Revlon Lipstick {Siren}

What Makeup do you love???

 OH! And we did more of this...
 Shopping Shopping Shopping


Five Guys {My Guilty Pleasure}


Basketball


Happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. I'm starting to get into makeup and I love nailpolish! Thanks for sharing and thanks for your sweet commento :)

    sherri

    www.sherriamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally need this post. Where's MAC?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chelsa... MAC is at any Nordstrom! Go and they'll test your colors and do your makeup for you with a min $50 purchase. I love them

    ReplyDelete